1. Attorney Advertising. The Site may be considered attorney advertising under the laws of some states. Any discussion of a result obtained for a past or present client is not a guarantee or prediction that a similar result will be obtained in any other particular case. The results in a particular case are largely dependent on the facts and law applicable to that case.
2. Acceptance of Terms. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement from time to time; we may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site.
3. Services. This site provides information about us, professionals associated with us, our clients, and results we have obtained for our clients, including, but not limited to: (a) articles, such as, for example, newsletters, legal updates, articles, attorney profiles, event details, videos, photos, text, data, and other similar content and (b) services, such as, for example, email and phone calling, subscription management for newsletters, research tools, video players, and links to third-party websites (such information and services, collectively, the “Services”).
Nothing on this site constitutes legal advice. Moreover, use of the site is not intended to constitute, and does not constitute, a solicitation for the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and no attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this site. Moreover, neither receipt of information presented on this site nor any email or other electronic communication sent through this site will create an attorney-client relationship, and any such email or communication will not be treated as confidential.
Do not act or refrain from acting on the basis of information included on this site without seeking legal advice of competent counsel. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on any contents of this site.
4. Jurisdiction. The Site is controlled and/or operated by personnel within the State of Illinois. Nothing on this site is intended to subject us to the laws of a foreign state or to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
6. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section, and your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site. You agree that you will not:
- ● Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- ● Use the Site to defame, cast in false light, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- ● Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- ● Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- ● Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- ● Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- ● Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- ● Take for your use any portion of the site; i.e., modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- ● Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- ● Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent.
- ● Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
- ● Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
7. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or currentness of any information on this Site.
8. Our Proprietary Rights. We and our respective licensors and suppliers own the information and materials made available through the Site. Such information and materials may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Site or any information or materials made available through the Site.
Our trademarks and service marks include, without limitation, The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC, Konrad Sherinian, and any associated trademarks, service marks, and logos. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trademarks and service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks or service marks without express prior written consent of the owner.
Please note that unauthorized use of any service, including, without limitation, any software used by the services, may subject you to civil and criminal penalties (including, without limiitation, possible monetary damages), including, without limitation, for copyright infringement.
9. Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Other sites may link to the Site with or without our authorization, and we may block any links to or from the Site. YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Additionally, we may provide tools to allow you to link to the Site directly from a third-party site; if you do link to the Site (whether using such tools or otherwise), you agree that you will disable and remove any such link promptly upon our request.
10. Limitations of Liability and Disclaimers. Our site and all content are made available “as is” and “as available” without any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty relating to title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for purpose. There is no guarantee or assurance our site or content will be available for use or that all content will be available or perform as described or that any site or content is accurate, complete, and/or error free. Although we endeavor to ensure that the content of our site is accurate and up to date (even though it is under no obligation to do so), users should seek appropriate legal advice before taking or refraining from taking any action based on information provided via our site. We are neither responsible nor liable for any malicious or unauthorized code and you are solely responsible for ensuring you have appropriate scanning and protective mechanisms for the security of your equipment, programs and information and by using our site you are assuming all risks of loss that may aarise or be associated with the use of our site.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense of any kind, direct an dindirect, in connection with or arising from the use of our site, content, any action taken (or not taken) as a result of our site or content or our terms and conditions, including but not limited to compensatory, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary and punitive damages, regardless of the form of action or basis of claim and whether or not any party has been advised of the possibility of damages.
It is possible that applicable law may not allow for limitations on certain implied warranties or exclusions or limitations of certain damages; solely to the extent that such law applies to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights. If applicable law prohibits the limitation or exclusion of a party’s liability with respect to death or personal injury caused by such party’s negligence, fraud, or any other matter, then such party’s liability will not be limited or excluded to the extent of such prohibition under such applicable law.
11. Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us or our affiliates harmless from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
12. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. We may, at any time and for any reason, terminate your access to or use of: (a) the Site, (b) your user name and password or (c) any files or information associated with your user name and password. If we terminate your access to the Site, you will not have the right to bring claims against us or our affiliates with respect to such termination. We and our affiliates shall not be liable for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and (except as may be required under mandatory applicable law) shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. We may take steps that we believe are appropriate to enforce or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Site or any third-party claim that your use of the Site is unlawful or infringes such third party’s rights).
13. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. You hereby agree that this Agreement (and any claim or dispute arising in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Site) is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal court located in Chicago Illinois and state courts located in Wheaton, Illinois, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections thereto.
14 Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at: http://kids.getnetwise.org/ and http://onguardonline.gov. Please note that we do not endorse any of the products or services listed at these sites.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and us. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision will not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provision. You may not assign, transfer, or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms that we post on the Site and, except as otherwise expressly stated herein, this Agreement is the entire Agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and us relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by email, or by regular mail, in our discretion.
We may also provide notice of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. You agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings, based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. We will not be responsible for failure to fulfill any obligation due to causes beyond our control.
Information we collect. We use the term “Personal Information” to refer to any information you provide in connection with your use of our Site by which you can be personally identified. Personal Information may include such things as your name, telephone numbers, email address, location, and the name of your organization. We only obtain Personal Information about you when you submit it to us. By using our Site and submitting Personal Information, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
Besides Personal Information, when you access or visit our Site we may use technology that can recognize, collect, and transmit information that is associated with you, but which does not personally identify you. For example, we may set a cookie on your computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you should choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to use some or all of our Site.
How we use information collected. We use information collected or obtained when you use our site, including Personal Information, to (1) ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions and (2) for our own internal purposes. In addition, we may also use your Personal Information for the purposes set out below:
- ● Market research;
- ● Responding to feedback;
- ● Informing you about our services which may include contacting you by telephone;
- ● Sending you information that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. Generally, we do not disclose your information to third parties, such as other law firms, unless you specifically request that we do so; i.e., you request a referral to a firm that provides services we do not. However, we reserve the right to make your personal information available to third parties in the following circumstances:
- ● To other attorneys who may be involved in your representation;
- ● When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- ● If we believe your use of our Sites has or may violate any law, regulation or our Terms and Conditions;
- ● If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or others;
- ● In order to investigate or respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
- ● In a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination.
Opting-Out. Generally, any periodic communication from us will have an opt-out procedure contained within it. However, if you receive a communication from us that you do not wish to receive that does not contain a clear opt-out procedure, please contact us at email@example.com.
Merger or other change. If The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC merges with, acquires or is sold to another firm or goes into bankruptcy or engages in other such business transactions, we may share files and email records, including your Personal Information, with our business and merger partners.
All materials © 2013 The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.