Truck Accident Lawyer Naperville, IL
In the aftermath of an injurious truck accident, you may be able to seek compensation for the harm you have suffered through a claim against the at-fault party’s insurer and/or through the personal injury claims process. In cases involving truck accidents, seeking an insurance settlement may be a viable option as opposed to having to take your case to court. However, insurance companies are a business and as such, one of their primary concerns is protecting their profits. As a result, it is important to have a truck accident lawyer Naperville, IL residents trust on your side during settlement negotiations. Not only does the experienced team at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC know how to get the most of your claim, our Naperville, IL truck accident lawyer team will be able to help you file a personal injury claim and/or take the insurance company to court, if necessary.
Questionable Insurance Company Practices
The insurance industry earns billions of dollars in profits each year. In addition to making money through premiums paid by customers, they protect their profits by carefully monitoring the amounts they pay out in claims.
According to multiple surveys, insurance regulators frequently receive complaints against insurance companies from consumers who feel they were taken advantage of or otherwise treated unfairly. Nearly two thirds of these complaints center around accident liability and auto insurance policies. Among the most common problems encountered include:
- Insurance claims denials
- Excessive delays in processing claims
- Unsatisfactory settlement amounts, which are less than what the claimant needs or deserves
When filing a claim for truck accidents, it is important to be aware of the company’s underlying motives and to take the steps needed to protect yourself. Working with an experienced Naperville, IL truck accident lawyer will allow you to have a knowledgeable advocate in your corner, which will reduce the risk that you’ll ultimately be awarded an insufficient settlement amount.
Protecting Yourself when Filing a Claim
The Department of Insurance in Illinois accepts complaints from consumers concerning unfair insurance company practices. You can access their database to view how the insurer you are dealing with ranks against others and the number and type of complaints they receive.
When dealing with insurance companies that have a history of denying, delaying, or downplaying claims, the following are steps you can take to protect your rights:
- When any type of accidental injury occurs, report it immediately to the proper authorities so that an accident report can be filed.
- Always seek medical attention even if you suspect your injuries are minor, as this provides important documentation.
- File a claim as soon as possible. Any delays on your part could be used to justify a denial.
- Gather as much evidence as possible at the truck accident scene. This includes taking photos, getting witness contact information, and making note of the exact time and location. There may be nearby video monitoring devices which may have captured how the accident occurred.
- Before making any statements or signing any documents, speak with an experienced Naperville, IL truck accident lawyer first
Let Us Help You Today
When accidents occur, you only have one chance to get the compensation you’re entitled to. We can negotiate with insurers on your behalf, defending your rights and helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. Contact our dedicated Naperville, IL truck accident lawyer team today and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you.