When you’ve sustained a severe injury in an accident, it’s important to know where to find a local personal injury lawyer Naperville IL residents trust. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian have built a strong reputation throughout the west suburbs of Chicago for being trustworthy and dependable — even when injury cases get tough. As a top personal injury lawyer in Naperville IL, the attorneys in our firm understand that personal injury cases can vary quite a bit depending on the accident that occurred.
So what types of accidents could justify a personal injury claim or lawsuit? Here’s a quick look at some of the more common incidents that a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL can provide might encounter:
- Auto accidents: Vehicular accidents are some of the most common reasons why injured individuals need to collect financial compensation. Motorcycle accidents and truck accidents, in particular, can potentially have devastating consequences for the victims.
- Bicycling accidents: Bicyclists are legally required to follow the rules of the road just like other motor vehicle drivers. However, the small size and slow pace of bicycles can make it more difficult for other drivers to see these individuals. When a bicycling accident occurs, the cyclist can easily sustain some very traumatic injuries.
- Dangerous and defective products: These types of personal injury cases can include a variety of different factors. A defective product that is manufactured incorrectly could cause serious harm, and a dangerous product lacking a warning label could be just as serious.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs more often than you might think. Despite the prevalence of injuries caused by medical mistakes, it can be very difficult for an injured patient (or their Naperville personal injury lawyer) to make a successful case for medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall incidents are also fairly common. When these accidents occur in public places like stores or city sidewalks, the injured individual may be able to argue that the business or municipality failed to exercise a reasonable amount of care. Although no organization or business can reasonably be expected to prevent every single accident, an injured person may be able to collect compensation if the responsible entity was clearly negligent.
Damages Available in Personal Injury Lawsuits
When bringing a personal injury lawsuit with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL respects, you may be entitled to different types of financial damages. These may include:
- Medical Bills: If you win your claim, you will most likely get reimbursed for your medical bills that resulted from the accident, as a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL trusts can confirm. This includes doctor’s visits, emergency room visits, surgeries, and physical rehabilitation. Be sure to keep copies of all of your medical bills.
- Lost Wages: If your injury caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to recover lost wages in your lawsuit. If your injury prevents you from returning to work in the future, you may also be able obtain compensation for future loss of earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: Some personal injuries can result in long-term emotional or physical pain, as a personal injury lawyer in Naperville IL can attest. For instance, the injury you suffered may have resulted in long-term back pain. In a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment: In some cases, personal injuries can keep you from doing your everyday activities and hobbies and you can claim loss of enjoyment damages. For example, if you were severely injured, you might have trouble exercising, gardening, and driving, and doing other activities that you previously enjoyed.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
In Illinois, the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit is generally two years. After that deadline has passed, you might not be able to pursue compensation. To avoid missing your chance at recovering compensation, schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL relies on as soon as possible. Your Naperville personal injury lawyer may help you file the lawsuit in a timely manner so that you can obtain the money you deserve.
Communicating With Insurance Companies
If you have filed a personal injury lawsuit, the insurance company will likely want to speak to you about your claim. However, communicating with insurance companies can be challenging if you don’t have extensive knowledge of the law. They are in the business of making money and will likely try to give you the lowest possible settlement. That’s why it is so important to have a skilled Naperville personal injury lawyer on your side. Your lawyer may negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company on your behalf and prevent them from taking advantage of you.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation With a Lawyer
During your initial meeting with a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL depends on, he will likely ask you several questions about your case, such as what type of personal injury you suffered and where the accident took place. Be sure to answer each question with as much detail as possible.
If you have any questions of your own, don’t be afraid to speak up. For example, you may want to ask a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL offers how many personal injury cases he handles a year or how strong your case is.
Contact a Local Personal Injury Lawyer Naperville IL Can Provide
Personal injury cases can be very stressful for the victims and their families. For this reason, it is often beneficial to seek legal counsel from a personal injury lawyer Naperville IL has to offer. Each individual’s case will likely involve many unique factors, making it essential to receive individualized counsel from a trusted source. At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, we’ve made it our mission to provide some of the best legal services to local clients in need of assistance.
To schedule a free case evaluation with one of our attorneys, contact our local office at 630-318-2606 or fill out a short form online so we may get in touch with you. At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, we’re proud to provide our clients with an experienced personal injury lawyer Naperville IL residents trust.