When you’ve sustained a severe injury in an accident, it’s important to know where to find a local personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL residents trust. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian have built a strong reputation throughout the west suburbs of Chicago for being trustworthy and dependable — even when injury cases get tough. As a top personal injury lawyer in Naperville, IL, the attorneys in our firm understand that personal injury cases can vary quite a bit depending on the accident that occurred.
So what types of accidents could justify a personal injury claim or lawsuit? Here’s a quick look at some of the more common incidents that a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL can provide might encounter:
- Auto accidents: Vehicular accidents are some of the most common reasons why injured individuals need to collect financial compensation. Motorcycle accidents and truck accidents, in particular, can potentially have devastating consequences for the victims.
- Bicycling accidents: Bicyclists are legally required to follow the rules of the road just like other motor vehicle drivers. However, the small size and slow pace of bicycles can make it more difficult for other drivers to see these individuals. When a bicycling accident occurs, the cyclist can easily sustain some very traumatic injuries.
- Dangerous and defective products: These types of personal injury cases can include a variety of different factors. A defective product that is manufactured incorrectly could cause serious harm, and a dangerous product lacking a warning label could be just as serious.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs more often than you might think. Despite the prevalence of injuries caused by medical mistakes, it can be very difficult for an injured patient (or their Naperville personal injury lawyer) to make a successful case for medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall incidents are also fairly common. When these accidents occur in public places like stores or city sidewalks, the injured individual may be able to argue that the business or municipality failed to exercise a reasonable amount of care. Although no organization or business can reasonably be expected to prevent every single accident, an injured person may be able to collect compensation if the responsible entity was clearly negligent.
- Brain injuries: Almost two million people each year sustain brain injuries. The majority of those victims – approximately 75 percent – suffer only minor injuries and usually have a full recovery from their injury. For the remaining 25 percent, however, they are left with long-term disabilities and other complications, with many of these victims unable to survive these complications.
Brain Injuries Are A Serious, But Silent Injury
When a person suffers a brain injury due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, Illinois law allows the victim to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against that party in order to recover for both life and medical expenses they have and will have in the future due to the severity of their injury. At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, we have been advocating for injured victims and their families for many years against those responsible for their losses. Call our office to meet with a personal injury lawyer serving Naperville, IL to find out how we can help your family.
Falls are the top causes of brain injuries and many of those incidents occur because of negligence on the part of the owner or management company of the location of the incident. For example, a customer could slip and fall on a spill in a grocery store, a client going into a business could slip on ice in the parking lot that the owners never cleared, or a tenant could fall in a poorly lit hall stairway in the apartment building they live in.
Car accidents are also one of the top causes of brain injuries. These injuries can occur if a victim’s head slams against a window, steering wheel, or dashboard. Victims on a motorcycle, a bicycle, or a pedestrian are particularly at risk for brain injuries because many of these victims are hit so hard by a vehicle, their heads hit pavement.
Victims who have sustained a brain injury in accidents should retain the services of a personal injury lawyer in Naperville, IL for assistance in pursuing a personal injury claim against the person who was at fault. Brain injury cases can be complicated, especially if the victim has been left with long-term or permanent disabilities. A brain injury attorney will work with medical experts, occupational, vocational, and other specialists to determine what the lifetime costs will be for the victim.
Brain injury settlements and awards are typically high because of the type of care the victim will need for the rest of their lives. A Naperville, IL personal injury lawyer knows that insurance company will likely try several tactics in order to avoid paying the victim what they are entitled to. They may try to minimize the costs of what the victim’s past and future losses will be or they may even try to allege that the victim is to blame for their own injuries as a way to get out of paying.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, contact The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian today to set up a free and confidential case evaluation with a personal injury lawyer for Naperville, IL to find out how we can help.
Damages Available in Personal Injury Lawsuits
When bringing a personal injury lawsuit with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL respects, you may be entitled to different types of financial damages. These may include:
- Medical Bills: If you win your claim, you will most likely get reimbursed for your medical bills that resulted from the accident, as a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL trusts can confirm. This includes doctor’s visits, emergency room visits, surgeries, and physical rehabilitation. Be sure to keep copies of all of your medical bills.
- Lost Wages: If your injury caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to recover lost wages in your lawsuit. If your injury prevents you from returning to work in the future, you may also be able obtain compensation for future loss of earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: Some personal injuries can result in long-term emotional or physical pain, as a personal injury lawyer in Naperville, IL can attest. For instance, the injury you suffered may have resulted in long-term back pain. In a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment: In some cases, personal injuries can keep you from doing your everyday activities and hobbies and you can claim loss of enjoyment damages. For example, if you were severely injured, you might have trouble exercising, gardening, and driving, and doing other activities that you previously enjoyed.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
In Illinois, the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit is generally two years. After that deadline has passed, you might not be able to pursue compensation. To avoid missing your chance at recovering compensation, schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL relies on as soon as possible. Your Naperville personal injury lawyer may help you file the lawsuit in a timely manner so that you can obtain the money you deserve.
Communicating With Insurance Companies
If you have filed a personal injury lawsuit, the insurance company will likely want to speak to you about your claim. However, communicating with insurance companies can be challenging if you don’t have extensive knowledge of the law. They are in the business of making money and will likely try to give you the lowest possible settlement. That’s why it is so important to have a skilled Naperville personal injury lawyer on your side. Your lawyer may negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company on your behalf and prevent them from taking advantage of you.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation With a Lawyer
During your initial meeting with a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL depends on, he will likely ask you several questions about your case, such as what type of personal injury you suffered and where the accident took place. Be sure to answer each question with as much detail as possible.
If you have any questions of your own, don’t be afraid to speak up. For example, you may want to ask a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL offers how many personal injury cases he handles a year or how strong your case is.
Contact a Local Personal Injury Lawyer Naperville, IL Can Provide
Personal injury cases can be very stressful for the victims and their families. For this reason, it is often beneficial to seek legal counsel from a personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL has to offer. Each individual’s case will likely involve many unique factors, making it essential to receive individualized counsel from a trusted source. At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, we’ve made it our mission to provide some of the best legal services to local clients in need of assistance.
To schedule a free case evaluation with one of our attorneys, contact our local office or fill out a short form online so we may get in touch with you. At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, we’re proud to provide our clients with an experienced personal injury lawyer Naperville, IL residents trust.