Accidents happen, but if an injury you sustained was from an accident that could have been prevented, it could be in your best interest to consult with a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL trusts. If you were hurt because someone else was negligent, your injuries are not your fault; having The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian by your side can put you on the road to recovering what you lost.
How a Chicago IL Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Do you require the services of a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL area? Many times we are involved in accidents and injuries that are due to the negligence of another person or even a company. We may end up with huge medical bills and other expenses as a result. We don’t often realize that we may have recourse to obtain a financial settlement from the person or business or their insurance company for the pain and suffering as well as reduction in our personal financial situation.
By working with an experienced personal injury lawyer Chicago IL clients seek, you may find that there are several ways to get compensation for your injury. Some of the most common damages that accident victims can recover include:
- Income: you could be compensated for your inability to work due to your injury. Whether you are on a salary or paid by the hour, the amount of money you didn’t make can be included in your damages. In addition, your Chicago IL personal injury lawyer can take into account any money you will not make in the future because of your injury.
- Medical care: the cost of your treatment in the hospital after the accident is nearly always part of a personal injury damage award or settlement.
- Property loss: this is reimbursement for the cost of any of your valuable property that was damaged in the accident. It can be your vehicle as well as the contents inside it.
- Pain and suffering: Personal injury lawyers in Chicago IL share that you could receive compensation for your pain that directly resulted from the injury, as well as any related ongoing pain and suffering you experience.
- Emotional distress: in more serious accidents, damages can include emotional distress such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and anxiety.
If you are in a predicament that sounds something like the above and feel you have a good case against a person or company that behaved negligently and caused you an injury, contact us at Konrad Sherinian to discuss lodging a personal injury claim through our company.
Preparing for a Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury case, you and your Chicago IL personal injury lawyer will be seeking to prove that someone else’s careless behavior caused you harm. Proving that someone else was at fault can be challenging, but an experienced personal injury lawyer Chicago IL clients trust can help you understand what is required.
As a Chicago IL based personal injury lawyer, Konrad Sherinian has a team of experienced lawyers that also have experience in other fields such as science and technology and can bring a different view on aspects of your case due to their knowledge, that might be missed by other legal professionals. Our team will also get involved in collecting evidence, recreating accident scenes where necessary, take witness statements, obtain video and pictures related to the accident that caused your injuries and prepares your case in preparation for a court battle.
With a solid case, a knowledgeable attorney can prove that someone else was at fault for your injury because of their negligence. A personal injury lawyer Chicago IL clients know they can turn to may use some of the following as evidence in your claim:
- Physical evidence of any kind that may indicate how, where, when, and why the accident occurred.
- Photographs that document the injury as well as the scene of the accident.
- Police reports which detail law enforcement’s view of the accident, including who was at fault.
- Medical records and other documentation of your injury to prove the seriousness of it and how it may be affecting your quality of life.
Our personal injury lawyer Chicago IL based team will attempt to obtain compensation outside of the courts but should no reasonable settlement be offered, we are able to take your personal injury case all the way through to trial.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury suits are not restricted to motor vehicle or slip and fall accidents. Our personal injury lawyer Chicago IL area staff are able to assist you with information and advice with regards to medical malpractice suits, nursing home negligence or abuse, or any injuries resulting from the negligence of another party or business concern. Should an injury be sustained due to someone else’s negligence and it causes you pain, suffering, medical costs, loss of income or any other personal suffering and financial loss, you may be able to claim for compensation from the offending party.
As a well-versed personal injury lawyer Chicago IL team, we can offer a compassionate and understanding approach to help you through the process to obtain compensation for the pain, trauma and physical injuries as well as the financial losses you may have suffered. Should you need to file on behalf of a family member who is disabled, severely injured, mentally incapacitated or has passed away due to injuries or medical malpractice, we can assist you. Our Chicago, IL personal injury lawyer can assure that you follow the correct processes and procedures to be followed in these cases to obtain compensation for the family and for any care that may be needed for the incapacitated person for their lifespan. We understand how traumatic the process can be, especially if a loved one has been lost and can assist you every step of the way to try and make the process as painless as possible for you and your family. If you need to contact a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL trusts, give us a call and let us assist you in obtaining compensation for your losses. If your claim is valid, we can help you take the case all the way to obtain the settlement or verdict that is appropriate for your case.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
Whether or not you have a personal injury case will be determined on a number of factors that a Chicago, IL personal injury lawyer would need to review. For example, the extent of your injuries, who was involved, what happened, the medical care you received, the amount of time you missed from work, your diagnosis and prognosis, and more. By understanding the answers to these things, our firm will be able to evaluate your case and let you know if you have grounds for a claim or lawsuit. If you do, we will discuss the next steps so you know what to expect.
The Cost of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
In general, Chicago IL personal injury lawyers will work on contingency. This means you are not obligated to pay any legal fees unless a settlement or verdict is recovered. If either is successful, a percentage of the recovery will be deducted. This percentage will be discussed before your lawyer begins working on your case.
Time Limits to Decide Whether or Not to Pursue A Claim
Following an accident, it is recommended that you speak with a Chicago, IL personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more you risk evidence or witness testimony being lost. Furthermore, there are statute of limitations that must be adhered to. If you do not file your case within this period of time, you will almost certainly lose your right to recover any damages.
When the Insurance Company is Offering You A Settlement
Our Chicago IL personal injury lawyers want you to be aware that there is a good chance that the insurance company will offer you a fast settlement, especially if it is very obvious that negligence caused you to be harmed. While this offer might seem like a godsend, we would like to remind you that insurance companies make a profit by minimizing payouts. No matter how nice the adjustor might seem to you, it would be in your best interest to refuse the first settlement, and any further offers until you speak with a personal injury lawyer in Chicago IL.
A Personal Injury Lawyer For You
After an accident caused by negligence, you might know that you need help from a personal injury lawyer Chicago, IL residents trust. However, with so many different firms to choose from, you might feel overwhelmed and unsure about which one to choose. In general, if you were involved in any type of accident that involves negligence or wrongdoing, you should choose a personal injury lawyer in Chicago, IL who focuses on this area of the law. By doing so you can ensure you recover maximum damages.
At The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, our team of personal injury lawyers have represented injured men, women, and children, as well as, families who’ve lost a loved one. For years, we have been maximising compensation for our clients and would like to help you to understand whether or not we can do the same for you. To learn more, please call The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with a trusted Chicago IL personal injury lawyer please call The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian now to speak with our experienced team.
Determining Whether You Have a Personal Injury Case
Our Chicago, Illinois personal injury lawyers have represented accidents that have occurred in a variety of ways. How do you know if you have a case? The best way to make that determination is by contacting The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian and explaining your situation, though there are some other ways to decide as well. The following are a few examples of personal injury cases that will give you a better idea of what may qualify. However, it’s important to be aware that if you have been injured, it may be in your best interest to meet with our Chicago IL personal injury lawyer today.
One of the most common types of personal injury cases are car accidents. In a personal injury case, negligence by the at-fault party must be present, and an injury resulting from that negligence must also exist. You and your Chicago IL personal injury lawyer would have to prove those things to have a case for personal injury. There are a handful of states that have “no fault” laws, which would mean each driver collects compensation from his or her own insurance provider, so personal injury may not be an option in those states.
Being medically treated in a way you don’t feel was effective doesn’t exactly warrant a personal injury case. To have a chance, you would have to show that a healthcare professional was expected to provide a certain standard of care, failed to do so, and in doing that, caused your injury. Medical malpractice cases could be difficult to win, but with the help of a qualified Chicago IL personal injury attorney, you could have a better chance.
Slip and Fall Accidents
These types of cases are typically due to someone being injured on another person’s property. Slip and fall accidents occur when a property owner fails to keep the area free of hazards, especially if he or she is expecting other individuals to be on the property. Each state has different laws regarding a property owner’s legal duty, so it’s important you understand what is required to prove your case.
Assault and Battery
Although assault and battery isn’t generally considered negligence, it may warrant consultation with a Chicago IL personal injury attorney to determine the best way to move forward. When someone intentionally injures or harms another individual, you may be able to take legal action. In some situations, there will also be criminal charges, but those do not replace the victim’s right to compensation from a personal injury case.
What to Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, one of your next steps is to hire a personal injury lawyer in Chicago, IL. However, selecting the right one can be tricky. Here are several qualities to look for in your lawyer.
- Specialized Experience: There are several areas of personal injury law. It’s important to choose a personal injury lawyer who specializes in your type of case. For example, if you were injured in an auto collision, you want to work with a lawyer who specializes in car accident cases. Lawyers who specialize in slip and fall or product liability cases may not be familiar with the car accident laws in your state.
- Assertive: In order to get a fair settlement, your personal injury lawyer will have to do a lot of negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company. Insurance companies care about their bottom line first, so they won’t make it easy to obtain a fair settlement. That’s why it’s critical to have an assertive lawyer on your side. Your lawyer should stand his or her ground and not give into the insurance company’s intimidation tactics.
- Passionate: Unfortunately, not all personal injury lawyers are passionate about their field. Some may be just in it for the money and may not truly care about the best interests of their clients. To improve the chances of a successful outcome, you should select a lawyer who is truly passionate about helping clients get justice. He or she should ask you plenty of questions about your case and not just go through the motions.
- Compassionate: Suffering an injury because of someone else’s carelessness can be a very traumatic experience. That’s why it’s essential to hire a personal injury lawyer in Chicago, IL who is compassionate. He or she should understand that you’re going through something difficult and offer words of encouragement.
- Available: Many personal injury lawyers work long hours and juggle multiple cases at a time. Make sure the lawyer you choose has enough time to give your case the attention it deserves. He or she should return your phone calls within a day and give you frequent updates about your case.
- Trial Experience: Most personal injury cases get settled out of the courtroom. However, your case could still go to trial if the insurance company isn’t willing to provide a fair settlement. As such, you should select a personal injury lawyer in Chicago, IL who has many years of trial experience. He or she should feel perfectly comfortable presenting your case in front of a judge and jury.
Contacting a Lawyer to Get Started
As you can see, there are a lot of very different situations that could qualify for a personal injury claim. If you are looking for more direction, or to get started with a claim today, contact a Chicago IL personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian.