Personal Injury Lawyer Chicago IL
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may have many questions that you want to ask a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL residents trust. Some of the most common types of car accidents are rear-end collisions. Many drivers refer to this as a “fender bender,” however, as a seasoned Chicago personal injury lawyer might tell you, even a minor rear-end collision can result in serious injuries.
Statistics from the National Traffic Safety Bureau (NTSB) reveal that there are more than 1.5 million rear-end accidents every year. These crashes result in the deaths of more 1,500 people and injure another 500,000.
Rear-End Crash Causes
These types of crashes occur when a vehicle smashes into the back end of another vehicle. A personal injury lawyer Chicago IL injury victims depend on may explain the variety of reasons why these collisions happen. Some of the more common reasons include:
- Distracted driving: Instead of paying attention to the road, the driver may be engaged in other activities, such as texting, fiddling with the radio, or checking their GPS. This distraction could make the driver unaware that the car in front of them has slowed down or stopped.
- Aggressive driving: This is when a driver is following too close to the car in front of them or is involved in lane jumping, not leaving enough space between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them.
- Speeding through a yellow traffic light: The driver is so focused on beating the light before it turns red they don’t realize the car in front of them has stopped.
- Fatigued driving: The driver is too tired to be driving and is not fully cognizant of what is going on around them.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Types of Rear-End Crash Injuries
A personal injury lawyer Chicago IL can provide has likely seen a variety of injuries caused by rear-end accidents. Common injuries may include:
- Bleeding or damage of internal organs
- Broken bones
- Crushed limbs
- Cuts, contusions, and bruising
- Fractured facial bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Teeth damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
A personal injury lawyer in Chicago IL understands that many of these injuries could require a long recovery period. This may involve overwhelming medical expenses and loss of income because of time missed from work. An injured victim who suffers a catastrophic injury, such as a brain injury or damage to the spinal cord, could be facing life-long disabilities that may prevent them from ever leading a normal life again.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Chicago IL Victims Trust to Fight for Them
If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced lawyer for counsel. The attorneys at Sherinian Law are happy to discuss your case in detail during a complimentary case evaluation. To schedule an appointment with a trusted personal injury lawyer Chicago IL has to offer, contact us today at (312) 981-0338 or fill out a contact form from our website.