Airbag Accident Lawyer Chicago, IL
Did Your Airbag Fail to Deploy?
It can be said that there is no “good” car accident; however, it is possible for a favorable outcome or result to occur. One of these outcomes is that the airbags deployed and no one was injured. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, between 1987 and 2017, there were an estimated 50, 457 people who were saved because frontal airbags deployed correctly. Although airbag deployment can cause minor injuries such as bruising and laceration, their ability to reduce the chances of severe harm or death cannot be disputed. That being said, sometimes airbags do not go off even when they should have. If this happened to you or a loved one, an airbag accident lawyer Chicago, IL has to offer should be consulted.
Was Your Injuries the Result of the Airbag?
One of the first things our Chicago, IL airbag accident lawyer might consider is whether your injuries are the result of the airbag. Common injuries may include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Skull fractures
- Mouth and teeth injuries
- Broken ribs
- Punctured lungs
A medical doctor may be able to review your injuries and determine whether or not they occurred because of the airbag malfunction. If this is true, you would want to call a car accident lawyer Chicago, IL families can count on, such as The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC.
Why Did the Airbag Fail to Deploy
Airbags are supposed to deploy in a moderate to severe accident. This means that there are some reasons that an airbag might not deploy, including:
- You were not driving fast enough – For an airbag to deploy, you generally have to be driving faster than 8-14 mph.
- Your impact was angled – Sometimes an angled or rear impact will not set off an airbag.
- You hit a pothole or bump – Airbags have been designed so that they don’t deploy for undercarriage impacts, such as bumps and potholes.
As an airbag accident lawyer in Chicago, IL might explain, it is also possible that the airbag was not properly manufactured. For example, in some cars, there are problems with the sensors or electrical parts. Some of the most common mechanical reasons for an airbag to fail to deploy include:
- Airbag sensors – Airbag sensors are usually placed around known impact zones on a car. Sometimes these sensors can be damaged or faulty; thus, fail to deploy the airbag.
- Wiring – Airbag wiring is responsible to communicate with the airbag. Sometimes, in an accident this wiring is damaged which results in the inability to deploy the airbag.
- Electrical parts – In the event of the airbag’s electrical system being installed wrong or consisting of faulty parts, the airbag might not go off.
Regardless of what the reason might be, you should speak with an airbag accident lawyer in Chicago, IL to get a better understanding of what happened. It is important you gather and keep all relevant information about your case as it might contribute to its strength and overall argument.
An airbag accident lawyer in Chicago, IL can help you to determine your best course of legal action. If you have a case, a law firm can take the necessary steps to investigate what happened, who is responsible, and what the extent of the damages are. From there, compensation may be sought. For a consultation with an airbag accident lawyer in Chicago, IL, call The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC.