When unexpected trauma affects your family and could be the result of negligence, you may want to consult a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL residents trust. A personal injury that stems from the wrongdoing of another party or entity can be costly in terms of medical bills and emotional hardship. Getting past these issues is of the utmost importance, but doing so on your own may be difficult without the help of a personal injury lawyer in Chicago IL.
Get Legal Support from The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC
If someone else’s negligence has led to a detrimental change in life, depriving you of the ability to work or enjoy daily activities, that party should take responsibility for their actions. As an injured victim, you have rights that not only protect your emotional wellbeing, but also your rights financial restitution. As a leading personal injury lawyer Chicago IL offers, The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC believes victims of negligence should have legal representation. Our lawyers are ready to listen to your story and provide you with honest consultation about pursuing a claim.
Common Mistakes in Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury lawyer Chicago IL trusts has likely seen many personal injury victims make mistakes that jeopardize their cases. Even seemingly small mistakes may result in little or no compensation. Let’s take a closer look at some of these common mistakes:
- Not Talking to Witnesses: If there were any witnesses present at the time of the accident, don’t be afraid to go up to them and ask them for their names and contact information. Some personal injury victims may shy away from talking to witnesses because they think they will be annoyed. However, in many cases, witnesses do not mind talking about what they saw during an accident. If you obtain their names and contact information, your personal injury lawyer in Chicago IL may ask them to testify in court or in an official deposition.
- Failing to Seek Immediate Medical Care: If you were injured in any way during an accident, it is crucial to seek medical attention as soon as you can. A doctor can examine the extent of your injuries and determine the appropriate treatment. If you wait too long to see a doctor, your injury may get worse and lead to more complications. Failing to see a doctor right away may also cause the insurance company to believe that you weren’t actually hurt, and they may use this as a reason to deny your claim.
- Speaking to Insurance Adjusters: After an accident, insurance adjusters may try to contact you to discuss your claim. Avoid speaking to them without a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL respects. Insurance companies are in the business of making money; some insurers would do everything they can to offer the lowest compensation possible. If you talk to an insurance adjuster without your personal injury lawyer Chicago IL offers, you may accidentally say something that could hurt your case.
- Settling a Claim Too Soon: Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit can be quite stressful, so it is understandable that you may want to get through it as quickly as possible. However, settling a claim too soon may not be in your best interest. It’s important to be patient and take your lawyer’s advice. For example, if your personal injury lawyer Chicago IL relies on thinks that it is a good idea to take your case to trial, it may be wise to follow his or her suggestion.
- Waiting Too Long to File a Claim: Don’t wait too long to file a personal injury claim. In Illinois, there is a fixed time period, or statute of limitations, to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once that time period passes, you lose the right to file a lawsuit. Get the process started as soon as possible by hiring a Chicago personal injury lawyer to take your case. A reputable personal injury lawyer Chicago IL counts on may help you build a strong case and help your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Benefits of a Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
By retaining legal representation for a personal injury, the often burdensome issues associated with the accident may be eased through invaluable support and guidance. By choosing not to contact a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL residents can count on, you may shortchange yourself from past and future compensation you deserve.
An experienced, determined lawyer should explain your options to you and go over the entire legal process in an easy-to-understand way. When you work with a personal injury law firm such as The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC, you may enjoy benefits such as:
- Knowledge of the Legal System: Technically, you can represent yourself in a case; however, you may find your lack of experience and knowledge of personal injuries could be an insurmountable hurdle. A skilled personal injury lawyer Chicago IL offers may know how to navigate the legal system, while paying close attention to the details that could make a difference in the outcome of your claim.
- Experience with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies might attempt to make a quick settlement offer to avoid larger payout sums that may be associated with civil claims. Should carriers be involved in your case, a lawyer may help to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement for your personal injury claim.
- Access to Expert Witnesses: To prove evidence, quantify damages, or recreate circumstances surrounding your claim, you may require expert testimony. A personal injury lawyer Chicago IL can count on may have access to trusted, well-educated expert witnesses who may be able to counter any claims made by the defense, or reinforce evidence presented. As a result, the likelihood of winning your case or receiving a larger settlement might increase.
- Resources to Help You Win: A personal injury lawyer typically has vast resources that could be called upon when needed and used to construct a solid legal case on your behalf. In general, having a lawyer on your side might mean the difference between a dismissed case and a case that garners you well-deserved financial compensation.
Contacting The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, LLC
Our legal team has represented victims of a broad range of injuries throughout our firm’s history. We offer a free consultation for any type of injury claim. During this time, we’ll share our thoughts on your case and tell you what options you may have. To schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer Chicago IL families trust, call 312-635-5751.