Property Damage Claims
Contact The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian to speak with a car accident lawyer Chicago IL motorists choose to represent them. Property damage claims resulting from car accidents can run in the many thousands of dollars. This is in addition to medical costs for treating injuries. Because claims can involve large sums of money, many victims choose to hire a car accident lawyer in Chicago IL to protect their rights.
Our lawyers at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian have assisted thousands of auto accident victims. If you’re considering hiring a car accident lawyer Chicago IL drivers trust, call us today for a free consultation. One of our attorneys can give you an honest appraisal of your damage claim.
Potential Property Damages
When a negligent driver damages your vehicle in an accident, you may have the legal right to receive compensation for your costs. Your damages might include any or all of the following:
- Vehicle repairs including parts and labor.
- Vehicle replacement if it’s totaled.
- Towing fees.
- Rental car costs while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
Do I need a lawyer for a property damage claim?
If the accident didn’t result in any injuries and the property damage was minor, you probably don’t need an attorney. However, in many situations a Chicago IL car accident lawyer is recommended. Call us at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian if any of the following is true:
- You don’t think you were injured but you’re not sure. How is this possible? Sometimes injuries are disguised and only develop days, or sometimes weeks, after the accident. A slightly sore neck could signal something more ominous. A headache could be symptomatic of a head injury. The list is almost endless. When you speak with the insurance adjuster or anyone other than the investigating police officer, do not discuss your physical, emotional, or mental state. For example, if you were to tell them you’re fine in the moments immediately after the accident when you don’t realize you’re hurt, they can use this against you later. Many victims have had their claim denied as a result of having offered information that they weren’t legally required to share. Save that information for a car accident lawyer Chicago IL drivers victims trust.
- Damages to your vehicle or other property are at least several thousand dollars.The costlier your damages, the more it makes sense to hire an attorney to make sure you receive maximum compensation.
- The other driver either has no insurance or not enough coverage to reimburse your costs. It’s possible that your own insurance policy will cover the balance, but it’s also possible your own insurance agency will deny your claim. A car accident lawyer Chicago IL residents turn to can file a lawsuit against the negligent driver and pursue their assets. They can also file a request that their wages be garnished and paid to you until the debt is covered.
Very often, our lawyers at The Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian will handle property damage claims for our personal injury clients. This is a service we sometimes offer for clients who have sustained serious injuries due to a negligent driver. For others, we offer a free case review to determine if it makes sense for them to hire an attorney to pursue property damage compensation. Call our offices today to find out if a car accident lawyer Chicago IL provides is your best option.